The mission of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG) Network is:
To develop and conduct scientifically rigorous translational research and clinical trials to (1) investigate the viral and immune pathogenesis of HIV-1 infection and its complications; (2) evaluate novel drugs and strategies for treating HIV-1 infection; (3) evaluate interventions and strategies to treat and prevent HIV-related co-infections and co-morbidity, and; (4) publish and disseminate results to improve care, and reduce or eliminate morbidity and mortality associated with HIV-1 infection and its complications.
The mission of the ACTG’s web properties is to support the ACTG Network through the effective use of internet and social media technology to provide timely and valuable information to our global users, including: HIV/AIDS research networks, clinical research sites, pharmaceutical companies, laboratories, data management center, investigators, community members, and other organizations. The ACTG’s web properties are comprised of the public and member websites and a file-sharing portal website.
Specific goals for the ACTG’s web properties include:
- Enhancing the ACTG Network’s presence on the internet by broadening information on ACTG’s studies, sites, committees, communities, laboratories, publications, and other entities;
- Providing news and information relating to the ACTG network’s events and activities;
- Developing automated processes for protocol development and management performance evaluation, as well as abstract, manuscript, and publication submissions;
- Enhancing dashboard and reporting capabilities;
- Allowing online application submissions;
- Facilitating communication and collaboration among ACTG users worldwide.